18th December 2014. Attending: Joss, Tim, Martha, Gerard, Laura.
We talked about:
- Alternating each week’s session so that we discuss our own research and learn from the published research of others.
- How do people understand the role of research so that it helps them make choices?
- How do researchers get access to their area of research? Isn’t that part of research?
- We need to spend more time discussing people’s research ideas and identify the research projects that are going on within and outside the SSC.
- How do we change the outside by changing the inside of the SSC?
- How does theory constrain research?
- Research interventions as a “dare”.
- What happens when a teacher says to his students: “Shall we start a movement” (after Larkin)
- Action research has emancipatory aims, not the building of models.
- If our research aims to develop models, are they “models of…” or “models for…”?
- How to work collectively on individual interests? Sharing ingredients vs. sharing meals.
- We’re looking forward to the Fun Palace Party on the 20th December.