SSC AGM Planning meeting notes
Tuesday 9th May, 1pm Angel café
Present: Mike Laura, Bradley
· We decided the date for the AGM will be Saturday 8th July (a change from June 24th due to some members having commitments that had arose since).
· Venue to be booked, either The Collection Museum or Croft Street Community Centre, depending on availability.
· We also agreed it would be good to invite SSC Manchester to the event.
· We talked about how to advertise the event and talked to a friend about designing a poster and flyer with upcoming events of the SSC on the reverse side (this could also be a graphic to share on social media). It was suggested we do some guerrilla marketing, maybe in the high street with a sandwich board in the likeness of a social science book with the SSC logo, advertising the event. It was suggested we set up a Facebook page to publicae the event (to be done once venue confirmed) and that we could contact the student newspaper to aid in promotion.
· We agreed then that we need to perhaps have a few future dates in the calendar before the AGM.
Agenda for the AGM
· Official business 11am- 12pm- this is the housekeeping/official stuff. Current members will be encouraged to come to this earlier bit, whereas the main advertising for new members will be for lunch onwards.
· Lunch 12PM- bring and share food
· Kick off properly 12:30pm with intros from everyone present- why here, what are you hoping to get out of it?
· The some short talks from current members on SSC, what we do, what we’ve gotten out of it etc.
· Then breaking out into smaller discussion groups.
Next meeting- 1:30pm Angel café, Monday 22nd May to continue planning the AGM.