Notes of Meeting held at the Revival Centre, Lincoln –
29th June 12.00 am – 2.00pm
Present: Joss (in the Chair), Stephen, Sarah, Mike, Gary, David, Vernon, Claire, Peaceful Warrior.
Apologies received from: Alice, Richard , Laura
Notes compiled by: Stephen
- That we will pursue a range of ways to make others aware of the work of the SSC and how they can become involved.
- That we will progress as a matter of priority the planning for next term’s Social Science Imagination course.
- That we will accept Gary’s offer to become the un-waged administrator/co-ordinator for the SSC.
- That we will undertake research linked to the matter of waged roles within co-operatives
- That we will ask Claire to provide a presentation/input regarding her Project as part of the schedule of presentations next year.
- That we would look again at the matter of child care to support SSC members so that they can attend meetings etc.
Actions that those present agreed to undertake
- Production of promotional ‘business cards’
- Establish links with ‘Lincolnite’ so that we are promoted on their website.
- Develop our use of Facebook and Twitter
- Production of ‘Posters’
- Look into the idea of an SSC Picnic
Gary and Mike
- Production of the SSC 2013/14 Prospectus
Gary and Joss
- Production of a local map of ‘groups ‘ that the SSC might link up with and which might have people within them interested in becoming SSC members
- ‘Dynamise’ the Home Page of the SSC website
- Firm up programme of lectures/presentations for next year
Joss and David
- Produce schedule of SSC meetings for the next year. And look at the shape of these sessions to enable them to bring about greater interpersonal interaction.
- Lead the review of the SSI course
- Explore links with ‘Hackspace’ to see what projects we could engage in as joint /collaborative ventures.